Author Topic: Widespread assassination of leftists and perceived opponents of the pro-fascist  (Read 1837 times)

Roger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Widespread assassination of leftists and perceived opponents of the pro-fascist Zelenski regime
American Federation of Teachers AFL-CIO, Professional Staff Congress (PSC), International-Committee, City University of NY (CUNY)

April 7, 2022

On Apr 7, 2022, at 1:44 PM, via PSC International Committee psc-international-committee@googlegroups.com wrote:

"In the interview, [he] read a list of Ukrainian names, which he said were the names of his friends and acquaintances based in Ukraine, some were Communists, others were labor activists, who have disappeared since 1st of March 2022 from their apartments in Kyiv and Kharkiv, after Ukrainian 'special forces' knocked on their doors."

[UPDATE]The [above] is correct. But it goes much farther. In a zoom conference that I attended on Ukraine organized by the International Action Center several days ago, a Ukrainian leftist named Leonid I. reported that he knows of dozens of murders of leftists and perceived opponents of the pro-fascist Zelensky regime, who were visited in their homes by Ukrainian fascists and killed on the spot. So, yes, the analogy to the death squads in Central America is apropos. Also, we should add that Ukrainian fascists have genocidally murdered and targeted Roma in recent weeks, including in Mariupol, which fortunately is almost entirely liberated. Leonid argued that everyone on the left in Ukraine would welcome the total military defeat of Zelensky's regime by Russia (which surprised even me when he said it, but is totally understandable in light of the fascist atrocities taking place by Ukrainian forces).

*Report from the New York Labor International Committee Post