Author Topic: Crimes in the Name of Democracy - Essence of the Matter in Ukraine  (Read 3366 times)

nestopwar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Crimes in the Name of Democracy

Essence of the Matter in Ukraine

The Marxist Leninist
http://www.cpcml.ca/Tmlw2014/W44008.HTM#2

Events in Ukraine are unfolding rapidly as a result of the direct and overt interference of the United States and the European Union with the participation of high level UN officials.

On February 21, President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych is said to have left the capital hours after he and opposition leaders signed an agreement aimed at resolving the crisis. In a televised statement on February 22, Yanukovych called the country's political crisis a coup and said it resembles the rise of Nazis in the 1930s. He also said he will not quit his post nor leave the country.

On Saturday, February 22, news agencies reported that President Yanukovych was abandoned by his cabinet. The Parliament voted to hold presidential elections on May 25. Also on February 22, pro-EU opposition leader and former prime minister Yulia Timoshenko was released from prison and shortly thereafter addressed a mass rally in Maidan Square. She was imprisoned in 2011 on various corruption charges.

The acts of violence of the myriad factions who the Western media call "peaceful protestors," include kidnappings, torture and attacks on soldiers. As of February 22, the Ukraine health ministry reported 82 deaths while monopoly media reported some 200 injuries.

The abrupt escalation of violence on February 18 which entailed the high death toll also involved the seizures of stocks of military hardware and street fighting, accompanied with the U.S. demand for regime change and threats of sanctions against the government should it decide to use force to defend the constitutional order.

On February 18, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt said that the United States believed the Ukrainian crisis could be settled with the help of dialogue, and sanctions could be imposed on those who encouraged the use of force on the both sides. The next day, the Ambassador said the right of people for peaceful protest should be guaranteed and notified that some Ukrainian officials were refused visas.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke with President Yanukovych on the phone demanding that the special operations forces be removed from the streets of the capital even as "peaceful protesters" assaulted military sites and police stations.

Meanwhile, José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, warned Yanukovych that the EU Foreign Affairs Council would meet February 20 to take action against Ukrainian officials involved in taking the decisions that led to the loss of life. Foreign ministers of Sweden, Latvia, Poland, Lithuania and Germany proposed to discuss the possibility of deploying a peacekeeping force to Ukraine.

Dietmar Stüdemann, former German Foreign Minister, made known the peacekeeping mission was an "operation of coercion" to force Ukraine to join the EU.

Due to the fact that the U.S./EU aim of regime change was not realized, they are now fomenting civil war and the elimination of the state of Ukraine in its present form.

According to analyst Alexander Boytsov, "American geostrategists want Ukraine to be destabilized. Their real intention is not to drag the country into the association with the European Union, but rather to prevent any kind of integration with the Eurasian Union. Americans are sure that in case they succeed all Moscow's efforts aimed at integration in the post-Soviet space will automatically become doomed. There is no doubt that playing the geopolitical games of such scope Washington's hawks will not be stopped by any death toll that may result from sparking a civil war in Ukraine."

nestopwar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes in the Name of Democracy - Essence of the Matter in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:11:26 PM »
Dirty Hand of U.S. Imperialists Comes to Light

The dirty hand of the U.S. imperialists is operating to ensure that "their man" is imposed in a position of power in Ukraine over the choice of the European Union. It reveals the sharpness of the inter-imperialist contradictions over control of Ukraine as well as the crimes being carried out by the big powers of the U.S. and Europe against the Ukrainian people.

The following is a transcript of an apparently bugged phone conversation between U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt. The phone conversation is said to have taken place on Thursday February 6, 2014. The U.S. accuses Russia of making the recording and despite the content of the conversation claims that the U.S. remains an impartial mediator in Ukraine. It reveals the dangerous state of anarchy and chaos which exists internationally and which the U.S. and imperialist European powers are fomenting using their security agencies, fifth columns and United Nations' officials. Canadians should firmly reject this meddling in Ukraine's affairs as they can no doubt extrapolate that such criminal activity is also being carried out by the imperialists in Canada and elsewhere.

Nuland: What do you think?

Pyatt: I think we're in play. The Klitschko [Vitaly Klitschko, one of three main opposition leaders] piece is obviously the complicated electron here. Especially the announcement of him as deputy prime minister and you've seen some of my notes on the troubles in the marriage right now so we're trying to get a read really fast on where he is on this stuff. But I think your argument to him, which you'll need to make, I think that's the next phone call you want to set up, is exactly the one you made to Yats [Arseniy Yatseniuk, another opposition leader]. And I'm glad you sort of put him on the spot on where he fits in this scenario. And I'm very glad that he said what he said in response.

Nuland: Good. I don't think Klitsch should go into the government. I don't think it's necessary, I don't think it's a good idea.

Pyatt: Yeah. I guess... in terms of him not going into the government, just let him stay out and do his political homework and stuff. I'm just thinking in terms of sort of the process moving ahead we want to keep the moderate democrats together. The problem is going to be Tyahnybok [Oleh Tyahnybok, the other opposition leader] and his guys and I'm sure that's part of what [President Viktor] Yanukovych is calculating on all this.

Nuland: [Breaks in] I think Yats is the guy who's got the economic experience, the governing experience. He's the... what he needs is Klitsch and Tyahnybok on the outside. He needs to be talking to them four times a week, you know. I just think Klitsch going in... he's going to be at that level working for Yatseniuk, it's just not going to work.

Pyatt: Yeah, no, I think that's right. OK. Good. Do you want us to set up a call with him as the next step?

Nuland: My understanding from that call -- but you tell me -- was that the big three were going into their own meeting and that Yats was going to offer in that context a... three-plus-one conversation or three-plus-two with you. Is that not how you understood it?

Pyatt: No. I think... I mean that's what he proposed but I think, just knowing the dynamic that's been with them where Klitschko has been the top dog, he's going to take a while to show up for whatever meeting they've got and he's probably talking to his guys at this point, so I think you reaching out directly to him helps with the personality management among the three and it gives you also a chance to move fast on all this stuff and put us behind it before they all sit down and he explains why he doesn't like it.

Nuland: OK, good. I'm happy. Why don't you reach out to him and see if he wants to talk before or after.

Pyatt: OK, will do. Thanks.

Nuland: OK... one more wrinkle for you Geoff. [A click can be heard] I can't remember if I told you this, or if I only told Washington this, that when I talked to Jeff Feltman [United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs] this morning, he had a new name for the UN guy Robert Serry did I write you that this morning?

Pyatt: Yeah I saw that.

Nuland: OK. He's now gotten both Serry and [UN Secretary General] Ban Ki-moon to agree that Serry could come in Monday or Tuesday. So that would be great, I think, to help glue this thing and to have the UN help glue it and, you know, Fuck the EU.

Pyatt: No, exactly. And I think we've got to do something to make it stick together because you can be pretty sure that if it does start to gain altitude, that the Russians will be working behind the scenes to try to torpedo it. And again the fact that this is out there right now, I'm still trying to figure out in my mind why Yanukovych (garbled) that. In the meantime there's a Party of Regions faction meeting going on right now and I'm sure there's a lively argument going on in that group at this point. But anyway we could land jelly side up on this one if we move fast. So let me work on Klitschko and if you can just keep... we want to try to get somebody with an international personality to come out here and help to midwife this thing. The other issue is some kind of outreach to Yanukovych but we probably regroup on that tomorrow as we see how things start to fall into place.

Nuland: So on that piece Geoff, when I wrote the note [US vice-president's national security adviser Jake] Sullivan's come back to me VFR [direct to me], saying you need [US Vice-President Joe] Biden and I said probably tomorrow for an atta-boy and to get the deets [details] to stick. So Biden's willing.

Pyatt: OK. Great. Thanks.