Author Topic: 37 reasons why we're demonstrating on 24 October  (Read 5219 times)

nestopwar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
37 reasons why we're demonstrating on 24 October
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »
37 reasons why we're demonstrating on 24 October
Today in Parliament, Gordon Brown read the names of 37 soldiers who have been killed in Afghanistan, just before announcing that he is sending 500 more to join the 9000 already fighting a senseless and unwinnable war.

The British government is now waging a war which has no purpose other than to find a way of getting out of Afghanistan while saving the face of the politicians who are responsible for the deaths of 221 British soldiers.

Every reason given for Britain's involvement in the occupation of a nation which is one of the most impoverished on earth, and which poses no threat whatever to this coutnry, has been exposed as bogus.

Stop the War's national demonstration on Saturday 24 October will give voice to the majority in Britain that opposes the war and wants all British troops withdrawn.

Demonstrate: Bring the Troops Home 24 October Assemble 12 noon Hyde Park

nestopwar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 37 reasons why we're demonstrating on 24 October
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:32:58 PM »
Countdown to 24 October: 60,000 reasons why we're demonstrating
Up to 60,000 Afghan civilians have died as a result of the US/NATO invasion, whether directly by military action or indirectly as a consequence of displacement, starvation, disease, exposure, lack of medical treatment and lawlessness resulting from eight years of war.

The longer the war continues, the more Afghans will learn to hate the western powers who have brought such mass slaughter and devastation to one of the world’s poorest countries. Like seven-year-old Zahra, who lost all of her immediate family when US air strikes destroyed her village:

“Every moment I hear the voices of my mother, father, sister and brothers calling me, but I can't see them. The Americans killed everyone in the village. They killed my friends and other children. I hate them."

Join Stop the War’s national demonstration on Saturday 24 October which will call for what 68% of people in Britain want: Bring the troops home.

Demonstrate: Bring the Troops Home 24 October Assemble 12 noon Hyde Park